Car renting is the best way to get a new car for a short time. If you don’t particularly like your friend’s or business partner’s car, this service will be the best decision in your life!
How to rent a car? How old do you have to rent a car in California? Let’s find the answers to renting a car in California.
How old do you have to be to rent a car in California?
As you might guess, there is no universal age for renting a car. It all depends on which rental company you use.
You can usually find this information on the company’s website or ask before making a reservation if you are unsure. We’ve searched some of the most popular rental companies and found the ages of their youngest renters.
If you want to rent a car in California, you must be 21 years old.
If your age is below 21 years, then you may not be able to rent a car from all the renting car companies. However, in some cases, the car rental age depends on the type of company you choose. Some local companies allow you to rent a car at the age of 18 minimum.
It is a common belief that the person who will rent the vehicle has to be 21 years of age or older. In fact, that is not true. It all depends on what kind of car you are renting.
What is the Car renting regulation in California?
You may be wondering if you actually need to rent a car in California and how to do it. If you are renting a car, oftentimes, you can simply drive off the lot with a car, but sometimes you will need to get other paperwork signed by the rental agency.
If that is the case, you will likely have to go to their office and discuss what the Car renting regulation of a car in California actually is.
The state of California’s law says drivers must have at least a class C license to rent any car in California.
Also, you will have to present your license at the time of the rental, and if you plan on driving outside the state (this mainly means taking it to Nevada), then you will need an additional ID (usually a passport) and an additional form of identification.
Still, these regulations don’t apply when renting a car if you’re younger than 21. If you will be paying through an insurance company (and not paying cash), then the driver is only required to be 18 years old.
Though there are no federal laws about renting a car and the minimum age requirement, major insurance companies such as Geico, Esurance and others don’t allow anyone under 25 to use their services.
There is no minimum age requirement in California state law for drivers to rent a car, but there are certain limitations depending on the company, and more restrictions may apply if you are paying through your insurance company.
Renting a car in California is a great way to get from one point to another. The main advantage of renting a car is the flexibility to visit several places, and if you rent from an airport, you just simply walk out of the airport terminal and find your car parked at the curb, ready for you to drive away.
How to rent a car comfortably?
1. First, figure out what kind of a car you would like to rent. Car choosing is very important, and it’s a big responsibility. Careful screening of cars will save you much time and money, which means that it is worth doing. Be sure to choose the most comfortable, convenient and reliable Car for your needs.
2. After choosing the right Car, find a suitable location for its delivery. There are several options, including the nearest office (the easiest one), delivery to the home address or an airport. The correct option should be chosen depending on your current location and place of intended use.
3. Book a car. This is the last step before the beginning of your great journey. Fill out all required fields for your application and make sure you’ve put all information about yourself in detail and as accurately as possible. If all data are true, confirm your booking and wait for the delivery of your desired Car.
Why should you rent a car from Car Discovers?
There is no doubt that renting a car is often time-consuming, stressful and expensive. But there is a better way to do it. Car Discovers can help you find the right car for your trip, so you can enjoy California.
- Car Discovers comprehensive lists of makes and models, organized by type and region.
- You can list your car for free and update your listing anytime. It’s easy, too.
- Car Discovers it easy to make the most of your vacation in California.
- With Car Discovers, you can rent a car in a few clicks. They will take care of all the formalities for you and offer you a great price. All you need to do is to find the right car based on your needs and book it. Then they will send you the Car with a specific location.
- When you’re back, don’t worry! You can drop the Car in any location that you want.
- You can also pick up and leave the car at a certain location if you’re not feeling like going back. So, what are you waiting for? Book a car now.